Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Marketing and Events Manager (Annapolis, MD) click here
ABC Chesapeake Shores Chapter has an immediate opening available for the position of Marketing and Events Manager.
ABC will continually strive to be the leading voice promoting free enterprise within the construction industry. ABC will promote and defend the merit shop philosophy. This philosophy encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach to construction based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
• You will report directly to the President & CEO.
• Words that describe you include assertive, creative, detailed, flexible, independent, accountable, positive, proactive, willing, and responsive.
• You have an ability to prioritize and develop responsive solutions to drive the strategic mission and business plan of the association. You are interested in working within a politically exciting dynamic.
• You will be responsible for following communication policies as mandated by policy and/or directives from President & CEO; for planning and implementing a full schedule of events from start to finish; handling all marketing plans and requests; managing all outgoing marketing to members and prospective members; editing and maintaining all website and social media content, and maintenance and development of the association management software (AMS).
• You must be able to work with pre-set budgetary guidelines that will require negotiating with vendors, soliciting event sponsors, seeking registrations from members, and preparing financial reports.
• You are able to work in a close-knit office located in Annapolis, MD. You have the ability to work occasional evenings, travel within Maryland, and sometimes travel out of State. You are willing to work closely with fellow staff and volunteers to plan and implement events, marketing and other duties.
• Samples of creative work.
• Comprehensive demonstrated ability to create success with Office 365 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, websites, and most social media platforms.
• Understanding of the association and/or non-profit business model.
• Three reference letters.
• Associates degree or higher.
• Ability to speak in public.
• Maintain active accounting of event and marketing invoicing and reconcile regularly with accounting staff.
• Work with other departments and staff as needed to fulfill the mission and strategic objectives of the association.
• Attend ABC National and or regional events as needed which may require air travel and overnight accommodation.
• Maintain and update chapter website.
• Participate in the annual Strategic Planning process for the association.
• Work to assist any other department or association needs as directed.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
• Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and twist.
ABC Chesapeake Shores Chapter is a smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email cover letter with salary expectations, and an updated resume to:
President & CEO
ABC Chesapeake Shores Chapter
100 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Anticipated closing date for this job posting is April 24, 2019.