**Please review all criteria and requirements prior to submitting an Intent to Compete registration.**
Application fees are non-refundable. Sample submission documents can be found on the right of this page. Call the ABC Chesapeake Shores office at 410-267-0347 with additional details, requests, or clarification on requirements.
ABC Chesapeake Shores invites you to enter your best projects in this year’s Excellence in Construction Awards competition. Join the ranks of hundreds of Merit Shop construction companies recognized as the best in the industry.
Our annual Excellence in Construction Awards recognizes and celebrates outstanding projects built by ABC Chesapeake Shores’ members. The awards competition serves to raise the construction standards throughout the industry by honoring quality craftsmanship produced by merit shop contractors and their employees. All award winners will be recognized at our awards celebration on Thursday, September 15th. The ceremony will feature a presentation and a printed program highlighting each award-winning project. Please note that there will be no Project of the Year award; however, all winners at the Chapter level are eligible to compete for the National Excellence in Construction Awards.
Eligible projects must have been completed (e.g. Certificate of Occupancy issued) between January 1, 2021 and June 1, 2022.
Projects that won ABC awards in previous years are not eligible except in the case of substantial renovation or additions.
- Other eligibility requirements:
- Only current ABC Chesapeake Shores (ABCCS) Members may enter.
- Any licensed general contractor, specialty contractor, or construction manager may enter.
- Subcontractors acting as the general contractor on the project entered are eligible.
- Joint ventures are eligible if one of the firms is an ABCCS Member.
- Any company entering in the trade category must have self-performed the job.
- No project that was subject to a requirement that contractors enter into an agreement with any labor union as a condition of performing work is eligible.
- Projects that won ABC awards in previous years are not eligible except in the case of substantial renovation or additions.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Friday, June 1, 2022 – Date by which construction of the submitted project must be completed
Friday, June 24, 2022 – Phase I: Deadline to register your project (intent to compete)
Friday, July 15, 2022 – Phase II: Deadline to submit the final application and supplemental materials. Applicants will have until 11:59 p.m. ET to finalize all applications
September 15, 2022 - Awards Banquet
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are submitted electronically following the below steps:*It is recommended you use Google Chrome to ensure program compatibility.
- Click Apply Now!
- For first-time applicants, create a username and password to access the registration and application pages. If you have submitted previously, your username and password remains the same from year to year.
- Complete Phase I—your intent-to-compete registration—and submit payment. You may select to pay by check or credit card.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you containing the link to continue on to Phase II—the application. You may save your information as you go and revisit the application as needed.
- When ready, click Save and Finalize to submit the application. Once the application is finalized, you will no longer be able to make edits. A confirmation will be emailed to you.
Watch this six-minute tutorial to learn more about the application process or watch this Guide to Developing an Award-winning Project Submission. ABC Chesapeake Shores follows the same criteria and uses the same platform for submissions as ABC National.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The $350 application fee is non-refundable. Be sure to review the application criteria and eligibility prior to entering your submission.
JUDGING AND WINNER NOTIFICATIONS
Judging will take place during mid-August and applicants will be notified of their status via US Mail. Please note: Judges only do site visits in the event they need additional information or projects are tied in points. Be sure to submit all detailed, relevant information in your submission for a proper score from our team of judges.
Questions? Email or call Amanda Crew: [email protected], 410-267-0347.