Construction Orientation Readiness Education (C.O.R.E.)
Working towards becoming a Journey Worker, Foreman, Crew Leader, etc.? Then CORE is for you!
CORE is a 72-hour, 12-week instructional program that covers basic knowledge and skills required in the construction trades. This program is a prerequisite for all trade/apprenticeship classes.
CORE is also suitable for assistant project managers, office personnel, warehouse and yard workers who can benefit from understanding the trades and what is expected of the workforce in the field.
- Enhanced Safety: including fall protection, construction safety, construction site job hazards, dealing with job hazards, aerial work, electrical safety, hazard communication and fire safety
- Construction Math: including reading a tape measure, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of: whole numbers, fractions and measurements, decimals and percentages
- Hand/Power Tools: most commonly found in the construction industry, including drills, saws and other miscellaneous tools, all of which will be used in three hands-on projects
- Introduction to Blueprint Reading: how to understand and navigate a print
- Employability Skills: how to keep your job
- Communication Skills: how to make sure people know what you want or need
- Identifying Roles: both the individuals and the companies in the construction industry
- Material Handling: proper handling techniques and procedures as well as potential hazards
Offering classes in the Annapolis and Salisbury areas!
Call ABC Chesapeake Shores today to register for our next class! Contact Cheyenne Wheeler, Manager of Workforce Development & Safety, [email protected]